Every new day is a new Second Chance.
What are you going to do with
your new Second Chance today?
Countless stories of the plane crash and Mercedes’ recovery appeared in newspapers and magazines in countries around the world, including the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe. Cover stories in major-market newspapers and feature articles in national magazines include:
- “Triunfadores Latinos” (“Triumphant Latinos”), People en Español (People Magazine’s Spanish edition). Mercedes was recognized as one of the country’s young Hispanic up-and-comers.
- “Finding Hope in Despair,” Dallas Morning News
- “Mercedes’ Miracle,” Kansas City Star Magazine
- “Motivational Speaker: A Second Chance,” The Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- “Why Did God Choose Me to Live?” The Kansas City Star
- “Life After an Airplane Crash,” Cromos Revista (People-type Colombian magazine with circulation in Colombia and major metropolitan U.S. cities)
- “Triumph Over Tragedy,” Northwest Alumni Magazine
- Heads Up! A Zillion Ways to Survive Negativity by Christine Rossi. Mercedes’ example of perseverance and positive attitude served as the content for the Introduction of this book.
- Exit Row: The True Story of an Emergency Volunteer, a Miraculous Survivor and the Crash of Flight 965 by Tammy Kling. Mercedes contributed to portions of the book.
- Release Your Brilliance- The 4 Steps to Transforming Your Life and Revealing Your Genius To The World by Simon Bailey